Terms of Services
• DiagnoHome Testing Services Pvt. Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as ‘DHTSPL’) is the licensed owner of the brand Electrosenze and the website www.electrosenze.com.
• We carry out a series of tests with the intent of identifying electrical defects which have the potential to create fire or electric shock.
• We are not an audit company nor do we provide any certificate of inspection.
• We only provide a condition report of the Electrical installation which captures the health of the installation on the day of the test.
• DHTSPL does not provide any guarantee for any period of time for which the protective devices, wires, sockets and other electrical installations & equipment that were inspected, will remain fault free. The use, care & custody of these equipments are not with DHTSPL & the satisfactory functioning of these equipments shall be covered under the guarantees as provided by the OEMs of such equipment.
• DHTSPL is not responsible for any loss or damages incurred by the Customer or any third party as a result of the effects of a force majeure, being any event beyond the reasonable control of DHTSPL.
• DHTSPL is not responsible for pre-existing defects, damages in the electrical installations.
• All prices are subject to change and at the sole discretion of “Diagnohome Testing Services Pvt. Ltd.”(hereinafter referred to as ‘DHTSPL’)
• All payments are to be made in favor of “Diagnohome Testing Services Pvt. Ltd.”
• DHTSPL reserves the right to refuse a booking without assigning any reason.
• The Customer agrees to pay the price quoted and confirmed and any other charges applicable to DHTSPL in full prior to the service or as mutually discussed & agreed with DHTSPL.
• The project is taken as confirmed when the customer has agreed and provided his consent, over phone, email, or any other electronic media (such as Text or WhatsApp message etc.) contractually or verbally, for a service to be performed on a scheduled date and time.
• In order carry out the tests, all power supply including back-up power from UPS, DG set etc. shall be not be available.
• In order to ensure safety of both testing personnel & client all sources of power shall only be operated by the testing personnel during the testing period.
• To initiate services, DHTSPL will require a confirmation from the client, by signing on the Customer Form, before (Pre-Inspection Form) and after (Post Inspection Form) the inspection. The filling of Customer Forms is mandatory and not filling them can result in termination of services.
• The tests cannot be carried out on a day when the grid supply is unavailable.
• “Electrosenze” reserves the right to alter the inclusions/exclusions in the services at its own discretion.
• If the Customer requires any additional services or any kind of variations at the time the inspection is being performed, the customer must first contact “Electrosenze”, who may agree to provide the additional services in its absolute discretion.
• The Customer will provide a safe working environment at the premises for the operatives to perform the inspection.
• Our technicians will have unencumbered and unobstructed access to all areas of the premises requiring the inspection.
• The Customer shall be bound to inform of, prior to the commencement of the service, any electrical hazards, potential risks in the premises to be serviced.
• DHTSPL provides the service of inspecting & identifying faults which could pose a safety hazard. DHTSPL will rectify these faults, if so desired by the client.
• The time indicated to perform the services is only an estimate based on our previous experience. The actual time taken could be more or less than the estimate.
• Services which have to be cancelled by DHTSPL owing to various reasons including, but not limited to, acts of nature or God, adverse traffic conditions, unexpected manpower absenteeism, vehicle/equipment failure, curfews, issues at state borders, etc., are beyond the control of DHTSPL. DHTSPL will do it’s best to provide an alternate date and time for the cancelled service to be provided to the customer but cannot guarantee the same.
• The owner takes the liability of all the components found defective during the testing.
• DHTSPL shall not be liable, whatsoever, for any pure economic loss, loss of profit, loss of business, punitive damages, any business interruption, loss of revenues or anticipated savings, depletion of goodwill, in each case whether direct or indirect or consequential or any claims for consequential loss compensation whatsoever which, arise out of or in connection with services provided under this engagement.
• The customer’s indemnifies DHTSPL against all losses or liabilities including that of any third party claims, in contract, tort including negligence or breach of statutory duty, restitution or otherwise, arising in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of the services. The aggregate liability, if any, shall be limited to an aggregate sum not exceeding 10% of the one-time service being provided.
• All the tests will be carried out in the presence of the client or any representative appointed by the client. DHTSPL will not be liable for any accident, breakage, damage to the property or any theft that the Customer believes has happened during the service. DHTSPL shall not be responsible for breakages, damages and loss of any fragile items if they are not removed from the area where the service is to be performed.
• It is agreed between the customer and DHTSPL that courts in Noida shall have exclusive jurisdiction in respect of any matter, claim or dispute arising out of or any way relating to the services provided by DHTSPL.
1. Inspection and checking of installation of electrical equipments
2. Measure connected loads and check adequacy of size of MCBs, RCDs and wires
3. Test MCBs for thermal overload and magnetic trip
4. Test ELCBs for tripping at rated Leakage current
5. Measure power consumption of major loads
6. Test power sockets for wiring problems
7. Measurement of electrical insulation resistance of the wiring
8. Possibility of Electrical leakage to metallic plumbing lines
Environmental Healthiness at Homes/Work Places
1. Air Quality Measurement
a. Measurement of Oxygen, Co, CO2, Level
b. Leakage of Cooking Gas
c. Measurement of PM (Particulate Matter)
d. Measurement of SPM (Suspended Particles Measurement)
e. Flow of Fresh Air Intake
f. Recommendation for Fresh air flow using exhaust fans - Later
2. Water Quality Measurement (Drinking Water)
a. Measurement of Water Hardness PPM (Parts per Million)
b. Measurement of pH Value of Water
c. Measurement of TDS
3. Paint on the walls
a. Measure if Lead content in wall paint
1. Identify if energy meters require calibration
2. Power factor improvement to improve energy efficiency
3. Installation of LED & other Energy Efficient Equipment (Star Rating)
4. Checking of Insulation of House for Loss of Cooling during summers
5. Solar Energy Options